Frequently Asked Questions about Traveling Nurses and Allied Professionals

Advantage Medical Staffing realizes the immediate need for nurses and health professionals across the country, while the opportunities and pay rates for travel nurses are even greater.

Read about Advantage Medical Staffing travel nursing requirements to get on the road of opportunity.

What are the travel nursing requirements?

1. We require a minimum of one year acute care experience, however for the more specialized fields, two years of experience is required.
2. A clear and active license or certification is required.

• 3. Recent and positive references are required.

• What if I do not have a professional license in the state the assignment is located in?

1. We will provide you with the link to the appropriate State Board of Nursing, to obtain the downloadable forms, and if you have to obtain a license to work the assignment for us, we will reimburse you the full cost of the license.
2. Most states provide temporary licensure, which will allow you to work an assignment while waiting for the permanent license to be issued.
3. There are also some states that have a walk-thru process, which will allow you to obtain your endorsement temporary license by visiting their State Board of Nursing, in person.
4. There may also be assignments that will not require you to obtain a license within that state to work. Additionally, you may already have a license that will allow you to work within a compact state.
5. We will assist you in every way possible to make your transition of licensing as smooth as possible.
How much is the pay to work an assignment?
6. Salary range depends on many variables, such as facility, location, specialty, housing costs, etc.
7. Typically, a traveling Registered Nurse or Radiographers can expect to make anywhere from $28.00 – $45.00 per hour.
8. A traveling Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse can expect to make anywhere from $18.00 – $23.00 per hour.
9. A traveling Certified Nurse Assistant can expect to make anywhere from $10.00 – $15.00 per hour.
10. A traveling Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist can expect to make anywhere from $30.00 – $49.00 per hour.
11. We also offer non-taxed reimbursement within your wage, therefore there may be a portion of your wage as tax free.

How often do you pay?

12. We pay on a weekly basis.
13. We offer direct deposit and/or a pay card.
What is the travel nursing requirement for length of an assignment?
14. Assignments vary in length depending upon the facilities request. We have some short term assignments (4-6 weeks); however, typical assignment lengths are 13 weeks.
15. Many facilities will offer to extend assignments, and extension lengths will also vary, depending upon the need of the facility.
Do I have to sign a contract limiting me from working with other agencies?
16. Absolutely not.
17. Each assignment you chose to work with us will require that you sign a contract for that particular assignment only.

Where do you have jobs available?

18. We staff nationwide.
19. We have assignments available from small rural facilities all the way up to Level I Trauma facilities.
Where do I stay when I am on an assignment?
20. We provide housing for travelers while they are on assignments, or we can provide a housing allowance to allow you to provide your own housing.
21. Housing depends upon the length of the assignment, and the accommodations available in the area of the assignment.
22. Typical housing provided will be an extended stay hotel, or a one-bedroom furnished apartment.

Can I travel with friends or family?

23. Absolutely, there is no travel nursing requirement that limits who can travel with you.
24. The housing we provide will be a one-bedroom type accommodation. If additional bedrooms are needed, it will be your responsibility to pay the rental difference.
25. We will work with you in any way possible, to make your experience the best you have ever had.

Can I travel with my pet?

1. Absolutely, however there may be additional fees associated with traveling with pets.
2. Some lodging accommodations may require a pet deposit and/or pet rent. If this is required, it will be the traveler’s responsibility to pay it themselves.
3. There may be pet breed or size limitations at some of the accommodations provided, again this will depend upon the complex regulations

What benefits do you offer to travelers?

26. Licensure Reimbursement>CEU Reimbursement
27. Travel Allowance
28. Day One Health Insurance
29. Weekly Pay
30. Pay Card
31. Direct Deposit
32. Higher than average pay
33. Non-taxable wage
34. Professional Liability Insurance
35. Simple IRA

Categories: Travel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *